Professional background and skills
Chartered Chemical Engineer with 15 years in sustainability roles including:
- 3 years in construction sector with Willmott Dixon – 2014 Queen’s Award
for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development)
- 6 years as Director in Local Government with responsibility for
Environment, Planning, Waste, Trading Standards and Skills & Economy
- 5 years with Environment Agency leading on regional flood risk, water and
- 10 years with ICI in technical and commercial roles (sales, mergers &
- Julia leads Willmott Dixon’s internal sustainability consultancy, Re-Thinking,
whose staff are represented in the following industry groups:
- Chair the UK Contractors Group Environment Committee, Materials
and Water Task Groups
- Vice chair the UKCG Biodiversity and Waste Task Groups
- Members of UKCG Carbon Task Group
- Board member of the Green Construction Board
- Chair of the Green Construction Boards Knowledge & Skills Group
- Scheme Council member of Eco-Reinforcement
- Co- Chair Grown in Britain and Director of PEFC UK
- Director of the Aldersgate group
- Willmott Dixon is a Gold Leaf member of UKGBC and sponsoring their learning series and members of the Westminster Sustainable Business Forum.
Other relevant information
Julia has great emotional intelligence; her insight and understanding of people and their motivations is a great attribute in shaping strategy and driving performance at board level. She is an experienced chairman, senior manager and public speaker and has an in-depth knowledge of environmental and sustainability related matters.
Willmott Dixon was a founding member of the School and is delighted to be supplied by 1586 of its corporate members.