Professional background and skills
- Over twenty years of supply chain management experience in defense, retail and utility industries. Professional buyer – track record in awarding/managing contracts and improving supplier performance through leadership and joint working.
- Previous Director on two companies – facilitating collaboration across utilities
- Designed, led and delivered UU’s sustainable supply chain strategy; performance validated through independent audit, local and national awards.
- Skills in contract negotiation, facilitation, collaboration, leadership, coaching and mentoring (own company and influencing across the supply chain)
- = 15% of UK water sector spend – £9 billion every 5 years with 4000 tier 1 suppliers. Our supply chain includes construction, facilities, chemicals, corporate services and power.
- Remain first in sector for CR performance (Dow Jones World Class)
- Long term member of our Corporate Responsibility Panel and responsible for R&D and innovation e.g. working with start-ups and bringing new ideas to market.
- Represent the Company on niche groups e.g. BIM4Water, Build Offsite Water hub (client and industry) and standard products group (client-only)
- Track record of sustainability and DFMA improvement into our supply chain.
- Decision maker e.g. tender awards, sustainability, offsite solutions, innovation.
- Work with groups influencing our sector / regulators e.g. UKWIR, Water Industry Forum, British Water, WRC and Think Tanks. Speaker at seminars, University courses, conferences / professional bodies e.g. CIPS, ICE and CIWEM.
Other relevant information
- Has persuaded many suppliers to sign up to the School and some are now Partners.
- A passion for helping tier 3 and 4 companies improve their performance e.g. helping with
access to sources of funding and business support.