Professional background and skills
- Martin is a Vice President in Brookfield Asset Management, Property Group. In this role he provides accountability and oversight to ensure strategic and operational Environmental, Social and Governance performance of Brookfield portfolio companies and their built assets across the European region.
- Prior to joining Brookfield in 2021, Martin served as Director of Sustainability at one of Brookfield’s portfolio companies, Canary Wharf Group, where he was responsible for delivery of the Groups net zero carbon pathway and green bond framework. In 2011, Martin joined Canary Wharf Group from Balfour Beatty where he was UK Sustainability Manager.
- Martin is a Chartered Environmentalist and a Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.
- A serving Board Member of the built environment Supply Chain Sustainability School and Chairman of their Climate Action Group, Martin is also a Freeman of the City of London and serves as Chairman of the Constructors’ Livery Company Climate Action Group which was established in 2021 to support delivery of the City of London Climate Action Strategy.
- Presenter and Faculty for Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership
- Top 100 Modern Slavery Influencer
- Considerate Constructors’ Scheme Client Partner, UltraSite initiative founder and Partner Foundation Group member
- UK Green Building Council Gold Leaf Member Leaders Network, Change Accelerator and Innovation Lab Lead Partner
- IEMA Corporate Member, Practitioner Application Reviewer, Built Environment Chapter Founder (discussions in progress)
- Worshipful Company Constructors (membership acceptance in progress) Ecobuild/Futurebuild 2019 steering committee member
- Edie Leaders Club Member
- RE100 Member
- Level39 Smart City vertical, mentor and advisor
Other relevant information
- Global Sustainability Development Goal Awards Judge
- Construction News Specialists Awards Judge
- Delivered ten FSC Project Certificates and hosted FSC AGM 2018
- Global Reporting Initiative CWG Case Study 20 years of GRI
- Created the UltraSite initiative in conjunction with the Considerate Constructors’ Scheme, which was developed to improve standards across the supply chain and wider construction sector
- Over 11,000 LinkedIn connections, very active on social media