Hanson UK is a supplier of heavy building materials to the construction industry.
We produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, cement and cement related materials.
Our aim is to be a leading sustainable business, trusted and respected by our stakeholders for the ethics we adopt and the products we supply. Our approach is built around five themes which underpin our sustainability policy and performance indicators:
- People – Creating sustainable communities
- Carbon – Climate change and energy
- Waste and raw materials – sustainable consumption and production
- Water and biodiversity – natural resources and enhancing the environment
- Systems – management systems for continual improvement
Becoming an active partner with the Supply Chain Sustainability School will allow us understand our customers’ sustainability needs better and help us further develop our approach to sustainability across our business.
“Taking a whole lifecycle approach to sustainable construction is one of the core principles of our sustainability strategy and we recognise this includes a responsibility to provide practical support across the supply chain. The Supply Chain Sustainability School has quickly established itself as the go-to resource for the construction sector and we are proud to become a Partner.”Paul Lacey, Head of Sustainability