The McAvoy Group is one of the UK’s leading offsite construction specialists. An independent, family-owned business and an established principal contractor, McAvoy has been providing bespoke offsite solutions and interim modular buildings for nearly 50 years.
McAvoy delivers fast-track offsite construction projects of the highest quality for the education, health, commercial, infrastructure and residential sectors, with less impact on the environment and greater assurance of completion on time and on budget.
McAvoy is committed to meeting the innovation and process targets highlighted in the Government’s Construction 2025 strategy, which aims to reduce emissions, and reduce the trade gap between construction exports and imports.
The Group has two purpose-built manufacturing centres spanning more than 120,000sqft and is leading the industry in its application of BIM and virtual reality. These new technologies optimise efficiency and enhance collaboration from design to manufacture and site installation. McAvoy was the first offsite specialist to be accredited to BIM Level 2.
Sustainability and Supply Chain
The McAvoy Group’s commitment to sustainability can be demonstrated by our ISO 14001 and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) accreditations and evidenced as follows:
- Our Ethical Sourcing Policy which our supply chain must comply with.
- Our BIM Level 2 certification. We were the first offsite construction company in the UK
- Our Business in the Community CORE accreditation which is the standard for responsible businesses in Northern Ireland.
- Our Partner status in the Offsite Management School, the aim of which is to address the objectives of Construction 2025. We are the only offsite company to have this status.
- Our established apprenticeship, graduate and staff training programmes.
- Our Considerate Constructor Schemes, with the majority gaining “Beyond Compliance” scores.
- Our corporate KPIs for project delivery which are focused on ethical procurement, reducing waste, incidents/accidents and reliance on non-renewable material.
- Our supply chain procedures which require adherence to our sustainability policy.
“As one of the UK’s leading offsite construction specialists, being a Partner of the Supply Chain Sustainability School has allowed us to continue to engage and harness our relationships with our supply chain and prospective clients. Innovation and technology are key to our future success, and the School’s excellent resources and networking opportunities allow us to communicate our offering effectively, along with meeting the innovation and process targets set out in the Government’ Construction 2025 strategy.”Eugene Lynch, Group Chief Executive Officer