What is the FIR Ambassadors Network?
FIR Ambassador Information packDownload
Do you work in the built environment and want to take action to make your workplace better for everyone? Join the FIR Ambassador’s network!
FIR Ambassadors promote a culture of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect within the organisation in which they work. They are expected to embody the principles of FIR: work collaboratively, whilst stepping in to take action, challenge behaviours and positively impact workplace culture.
The business value of FIR Ambassadors:
- Improve workplace culture so the business is better able to attract, train and retain talent
- Demonstrate a commitment to FIR, to staff, new recruits, clients and other stakeholders
- Develop the knowledge and capability of people
FIR Ambassadors are not limited to specific job roles, and can be employed at any level of the organisation.
FIR Ambassadors: In Their Own Words
Keen to become a FIR Ambassador?
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Attend a half-day “Introduction to FIR workshop” and/or “Leading People, Inclusively” FIR workshop; and/or
- Complete the e-learning “Achieving Business Success through Fairness, Inclusion and Respect” or “FIR on site: why it matters & how to achieve it”
- Obtain approval from your employer to become a FIR Ambassador; ideally you will be supported by someone in a leadership role who is in a position to change attitudes, challenge behaviours and influence company policy
- Attend a “Becoming A FIR Ambassador” workshop
- Sign a FIR Ambassador commitment
What do FIR Ambassadors say about the FIR Programme?
“Being the FIR champion within Jackson Civils has been an interesting journey for me so far. We have put together a short video explaining what FIR is and what it means to us. In addition, we are currently providing more resources to upskill our staff. Personally, it has made me understand more about my own behaviour as I promote FIR and allowed me to take a step back to understand the wider effect of FIR on all of our staff.”FIR Ambassador, Jackson Civils
“My role as a FIR Ambassador has provided me with an opportunity to lead positive change in this area. Through engaging with other FIR Ambassadors and sharing best practice across organisations, I have been able to use this knowledge to to help review equality, diversity and inclusion aspirations and identify opportunities to collaborate with one of our key customers.”FIR Ambassador, Costain