Supplier and Sub-Contractor Day
Thursday 22 August 2019
09:30 - 15:00
||Double Tree by Hilton, Edinburgh Airport
Join our Scotland School Partners for their main annual supplier and sub-contractor day in Edinburgh.
Join us at the forthcoming FREE Supply Chain School Supplier and Sub-Contractor Day on the 22 August 2019 in Edinburgh. This year the Supply Chain Sustainability School are once again organising their annual Supplier Day in collaboration with their Partners in Scotland, including Balfour Beatty, Robertson, BAM, Zero Waste Scotland, Marshalls, Reconomy, Kier, BRE, Danny Sullivan, Skanska Cementation, VGC and Construction Scotland Innovation Centre.
At this event, our Partners will give input and updates on their work and the importance of the sustainability agenda across their supply chains.
The main focus will be driving our sectors response and engagement on tackling climate change. Recent developments have resulted in the Scottish Government and major conurbations of Edinburgh and Glasgow all declaring their own Climate Emergencies.
There is increasing pressure on our industry to measure, manage and rapidly reduce the carbon we emit in the operation and construction of projects. Our Supplier Day will bring together partners and stakeholders from construction and facilities management sectors to accelerate our response and inspire positive action.
Large contractors due to speak include Skanksa, Multiplex
and ISG. The UK’s leading Passivhaus Architect – and
winners of the 2019 AJ100 Sustainable Practice Award, is Architype,
who will present examples of their work. Flannery Plant Hire will talk
about the latest innovation on plant and equipment. The leading low carbon hub for Scotland, the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon
Innovation will present new ideas and approaches to carbon
reduction, with key lessons for the construction industry. They will be joined
City of Edinburgh Council to share plans for Edinburgh’s low
We are working to add other major contractors and suppliers to our line-up and
will keep you updated with the agenda.
The event will also provide an opportunity for open and honest discussion around some of the other key sustainability challenges faced by the sector e.g. Waste, Modern Slavery and Fairness Inclusion and Respect.
Learning areas for this free event will include:
- What does sustainability mean to me? Led by a Supply Chain School Director
- Partner insight - Insight into major contractors and client priorities, their pipeline of work, challenges, and what they need from their existing / potential supply chain.
- Environmental management - Table discussions on core themes such as Carbon, Waste
Social value – how to achieve more and communicate your organisation’s successes.
- Joining and benefiting from the School: Completing a self-assessment (or re-assessment) to pinpoint your bespoke requirements and provide a gateway to accessing all our free resources for you and your colleagues for training, learning and development.
By attending this event, you will:
- Understand the priorities and challenges faced by main contractors and clients in the region
- Have an opportunity to discuss key sustainability challenges and potential solutions with their customers/peers/prospective customers
- Find out about regional pipelines of work, and the opportunities available to local sub-contractors and suppliers
- Learn how the School’s free resources can help them tackle some of these challenges, ultimately helping them to better meet customer requirements
- Network with other regional suppliers and main contractors
If your have any questions or special requirements for attending this event (e.g. access, dietary), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0191 580 4005 so that we can accommodate you.
« Back to Events