Modern Slavery Workshop
Thursday 19 September 2019
09:00 - 12:00
||Construction Innovation Centre Scotland, Unit 3B, 3 Watt Place, Hamilton International Technology Park, G72 0AG
Combat Modern Slavery in collaboration with The Supply Chain School
This workshop is designed to bring you up to speed on modern slavery requirements and practices in Scotland. It will be a mix of presentations and interactive exercises to ensure you leave with more skills and knowledge in this field.
Helen Carter, Senior Consultant with Action Sustainability will share knowledge on how Partners have collaborated with the school to implement processes and procedures to minimise modern slavery in their work force. Along with discussing ethical labour sourcing and the School’s range of dedicated training resources on this issue.
By attending this workshop, you will gain:
- An overview of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and what it means for your organisation
- An understanding of the requirements around producing a corporate statement
- An overview of interventions necessary within the supply chain in order to respond to the acts requirements
- Tools to assess exploitation risks
- Learn the School's approach and expectations relating to Modern Slavery
- Network with others within the industry on this key theme!
Its a 9am start, but we promise you a warm welcome; hot coffee/tea on arrival! You'll be away no later than 12pm and will hopefully be wiser about where you can make a difference.
To book your free place just click the link at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact 0191 580 4005 or email@example.com
« Back to Events