Shaun McCarthy OBE is an independent advisor, author and speaker in the field of sustainable business policy and practice. He was awarded an OBE for services to sustainability and the London Olympics by Her Majesty the Queen in her 2013 birthday honours list. His portfolio includes:
- Director, Action Sustainability, a niche consultancy business with a social enterprise mission to inspire sustainable supply chain management www.actionsustainability.com
- Chair, Supply Chain Sustainability School, a collaborative initiative in the UK construction industry to build sustainability competence on the supply chain www.supplychainschool.co.uk
- Advisor, Transport for London, expert advisor to the non-executive Safety and Sustainability panel
- Advisor – Rail Safety Standards Board and Department for Transport, advising on incorporation of sustainable standards in national rail franchises
- Board advisor, Lafarge-Tarmac, expert advisor to the merged manufacturing business
- Director, Greenshoots Foundation, an innovative charity mitigating the carbon emissions of a major corporation and delivering local social benefits
- Commissioner, London Sustainable Development Commission, a strategic advisory body to the Mayor of London
- 2006-13 – Chair, Commission for a Sustainable London 2012, a ground breaking assurance body directly advising the Mayor of London and Olympics Minister www.cslondon.org
Shaun has over 20 years senior management experience with large companies and 8 years’ experience as an independent advisor to a wide variety of corporations and governments around the world.
In addition to his OBE, he is Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply since 1995 and a Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment.