Inspiring Sustainable Business
Action Sustainability is a small business with world leading expertise in sustainable supply chain management and procurement. Its mission is to lead and inspire sustainable business.Website
The business was founded in 2006 and has been a key influence on the global sustainable procurement agenda.
Since then, the company has worked with many major clients in the built environment and other sectors including healthcare, FMCG, manufacturing, academia, and Government to help define their sustainability ambitions and embed sustainability into their supply chains. These clients include major corporations, developers and the public sector, the ultimate clients of the contractors for whom many members of the School work for.
As delivery partner, the team works independently of the client and contractor Partners to ensure that all learning information can remain confidential.
The experienced team is renowned for providing thought leadership in the field of sustainability:
- Director Shaun McCarthy OBE chaired the Commission for a Sustainable London 2012
- Key contributor to the UK Sustainable Procurement Task Force report, Procuring the Future in 2006
- Technical authors of the sustainable procurement standard BS 8903 in 2010
- Led the UK and Australian delegations to develop the international standard for sustainable procurement, ISO 20400.
Action Sustainability provides specialist business advice, training, services and practical tools that help organisations to transform their supply chain’s contribution to corporate sustainability objectives:
- Identify why sustainability is important to an organisation
- Link strategic goals to an effective sustainable supply chain management strategy
- Implement strategy throughout the procurement team and through the supply chain
- Provide advisory support and guidance on sustainability topics including carbon, waste, modern slavery, wellbeing and social value
- Put in place measurement, evaluation and assurance mechanisms to ensure an approach is embedded in everyday business practices
Action Sustainability and the School have set a target to be a net zero business by 2030, achieving a year-on-year reduction in our carbon emissions.
How we are already on track to achieve this:
- Made a Pledge to Net Zero and aligned to Science Based Targets to tackle greenhouse gas emissions within our organisation and our value chain.
- Committed to the SBTi companies taking action and agreed to reduce our carbon emissions by 46% by 2030 against our 2019 baseline year.
- Increased the delivery of all of our services to remote/virtual sessions – School, Consultancy and Tool.
How we will continue to achieve this:
- Encourage continued use of virtual platforms to deliver our services, blended with face-to-face engagements.
- Measure our annual carbon footprint, using our performance tool for our key aspects: office energy use, employee travel, business travel, delegate and courier transport for training and events.
- Engage staff, clients and stakeholders on our objectives, targets and progress.
To view our full sustainability strategy, click here.