Catering for a hybrid workforce
The CGA’s 2021 Contract Caterer Tracker showed a 36 per cent drop in third-quarter sales of food and beverages at work compared to pre-COVID. As contract catering continues to suffer from a reduced footfall in workplaces, how can caterers and their FM clients maintain the supply of reliable and appealing food services to a hybrid workforce while still remaining competitive?
Take action to secure smart buildings
Smart devices are often connected using unsecured internet such as guest Wi-Fi in buildings, which makes them vulnerable to hackers. John Archer, Solutions Director at Backbone Connect explains how to navigate the cybersecurity risks of smart building technology.
Christian Mabey, Managing Director, Optima Products says FMs can create more sustainable commercial spaces by adopting a greener approach to design and operations
March’s Featured Topic: Air Quality
The quality of the air we all breathe often gets overlooked, until it becomes so bad that it affects our health. More and more cities are setting up clean air zones to reduce the impact on citizens’ health from poor air quality.
Start your learning on the topic of Air Quality with the handpicked resources below:
Clean Air Zones Map
Use the map to find locations and relevant information for clean air zones and low emission zones around the UK.
Air Quality in the Built Environment
A weblink provided by the World Green Building Council containing information specific to the built environment around air pollution causes and solutions.
Case Study: Zero Emission Welfare Cabin
A case study from GAP and AJC EasyCabin who have together created a welfare cabin that uses hydrogen and solar panels as power sources to move towards zero carbon emissions, zero air quality emissions and less noise on site
A wage based on the cost of living Business Bytes
At this session you will:
- Learn about wages trends and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on workers’ wages
- Understand the business case and challenges often associated with paying the real Living Wage
- Hear how the Living Wage Foundation accreditation works and who should receive the Living Wage
- Hear from Willmott Dixon, about their approach to wages and the implications both up and down the value chain
- Gain an SME insight into the drivers / impact of paying the Living Wage
- Have an opportunity to ask questions to the panel of experts from The Poverty Alliance UK, Living Wage Foundation and the Supply Chain Sustainability School