ACE urges the Government to deliver on its Offsite pledge
The government needs to deliver on previously made commitments around off-site manufacturing, including for repeatable social infrastructure to be delivered using a platform/off-site approach according to a new report issued today by the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE).
24GW of long duration energy needed for Net Zero UK Grid
Major investment is urgently needed to roll out up to 24GW of long-duration energy storage over the next 15 years to help smooth operation of the grid as it contends with a rapid influx of intermittent wind power capacity, Aurora Energy Research has warned.
Wales Transport: New commission and major project axed
The Welsh government have said there will be a year-long commission looking at road, rail and other transport links across north Wales.
March’s Featured Topic: Air Quality
The quality of the air we all breathe often gets overlooked, until it becomes so bad that it affects our health. More and more cities are setting up clean air zones to reduce the impact on citizens’ health from poor air quality.
Start your learning on the topic of Air Quality with the handpicked resources below:
Clean Air Zones Map
Use the map to find locations and relevant information for clean air zones and low emission zones around the UK.
Air Quality in the Built Environment
A weblink provided by the World Green Building Council containing information specific to the built environment around air pollution causes and solutions.
Case Study: Zero Emission Welfare Cabin
A case study from GAP and AJC EasyCabin who have together created a welfare cabin that uses hydrogen and solar panels as power sources to move towards zero carbon emissions, zero air quality emissions and less noise on site
A wage based on the cost of living Business Bytes
At this session you will:
- Learn about wages trends and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on workers’ wages
- Understand the business case and challenges often associated with paying the real Living Wage
- Hear how the Living Wage Foundation accreditation works and who should receive the Living Wage
- Hear from Willmott Dixon, about their approach to wages and the implications both up and down the value chain
- Gain an SME insight into the drivers / impact of paying the Living Wage
- Have an opportunity to ask questions to the panel of experts from The Poverty Alliance UK, Living Wage Foundation and the Supply Chain Sustainability School