Documents and Policies:
Canary Wharf Group (CWG) is the developer of the largest urban regeneration project in Europe.
CWG develops, manages, and currently owns interests in approximately 9 million square feet of mixed-use space and over 1,100 Build to Rent apartments.
One of the greatest feats of civic engineering, turning a once derelict Docklands into 97 acres of London’s – and the world’s – most sought-after office and retail space.
Our vision as an organisation is to transform urban spaces into extraordinary environments. As an integrated developer, contractor, and property manager, we are in a unique position to embed sustainable principles right from the initial design of our buildings, creating healthy, vibrant developments that benefit everyone.
Sustainability and Supply Chain
Canary Wharf Group’s sustainability strategy is built around four focus areas. We believe that by focusing our intentions across these areas, we will not only be able to continue to mitigate our environmental impact, but we will maximise the value we create for those who live and work in Canary Wharf:
- Creating a space where nature and people can thrive
- Turning our ambition to be net zero, into action
- Transitioning from a linear to a circular economy
- Creating positive change through shared social purpose, connecting our communities and customers where we can make a difference
- Since 2009, we have sent zero waste to landfill certified across our managed areas
- We have purchased 100% electricity from renewable sources since 2012
- In 2018, we published our Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP), which set out our ambitions for enhancing biodiversity, we assess ourselves against it annually
Why a Partner?
Canary Wharf Group’s vision is to inspire positive impact, by transforming urban spaces into extraordinary environments for people who work, live and visit Canary Wharf.
We understand that our supply chain is key to achieving this, so by being a Partner of the Supply Chain Sustainability School, we are showing our commitment to our suppliers to equip them with the right tools and knowledge to enable them and us meet growing sustainability challenges, we as an industry are facing.