NPTC Group of Colleges is Proud to be the key strategic partner in the development of the School in Wales.
We believe the collaboration to tackle the environmental and social sustainability issues within the construction sector in Wales is vital.
NPTC Group of Colleges is one of the largest colleges in Wales and covers 30 per cent of the country’s landmass offing courses to more than 270,000 residents across the country. The College offers an exciting and varied programme of A Levels, vocational courses and apprenticeships as well as university degrees and professional training for both individuals and employers across its 9 campuses as well internationally, providing quality first class training to overseas students and staff.
The School of Construction and Built Environment is the largest School within the NPTC Group of Colleges and boasts four purpose-built construction centres at its Neath, Swansea, Brecon Beacons and Newtown Campuses that offers a wide range of programmes in traditional building craft disciplines such as brickwork, bench joinery, carpentry and joinery, painting and decorating and plastering. We also offer professional and technical courses in construction and civil engineering as well as university level courses.
As a major provider of construction in Wales the quality of our provision is the cornerstone of our success and as a result we have been recognised as the top performing College in Wales for Construction, Planning and the Built Environment (according to the Welsh Governments LORE Report):
- First for Construction and the Built Environment in Wales
- First College in Wales to deliver a specific fire door installation training qualification.
- First College in Wales to deliver Fire Sprinkler training in a partnership with BAFSA the trade Body.
- First ICE Franchise in Wales to deliver ICE approved training courses.
- An established Centre of Excellence with the BWF, Shop fitters and Timber Association, becoming one of one of only five centres across the UK.
- Part of the delivery network of CYFLE Shared apprenticeship scheme and Arcadis civil engineering programme.
- College Partner of Wood Knowledge Wales.
- A college that strives to address the gender gap in construction and delivered a successful pilot programme – Women Building Wales with Chwarae Teg
NPTC Group of Colleges has always worked with the construction sector to ensure the skills our students develop are relevant to meet the needs of the sector. We continue to work with stakeholders and partners, developing new and innovative approaches and qualifications, in Retrofit, Drones, Modular build, Fit out, online courses and new construction technology. The School benefits from a wide range of sector experienced staff, both craft and professional, who are able to work effectively, with employers to facilitate their training demands and needs.
If you would like more information on the construction and the built environment courses we offer, please visit www.nptcgroup.ac.uk or telephone: 01639 648006.