The VGC Group supplies people, projects and services to the construction and rail industries.
Divisions operate in all types of civil engineering environments including roads and bridges, airports, nuclear facilities, utilities, and mainline and underground rail.
As well as being one of the largest labour and staff suppliers to the UK’s construction and rail companies, VGC also undertakes rail and construction contracts.
Sustainability is a priority for VGC: we believe that all businesses should contribute to the long-term social, environmental and economic wellbeing of their communities.
Sustainability and Supply Chain
VGC believes that in order to maintain our stability and to work sustainably with our supply chain, we must positively affect; our society, our environment and our economic stability.
To achieve this:
- We use local suppliers.
- We employ local people, and aim to have our workforce reflect the local community.
- We offer opportunities through apprenticeships, work experience, and our graduate training scheme.
- We carry out environmental impact assessments for all the projects we manage.
- We use environmentally-friendly construction materials, and buy from sustainable, fair trade sources.
- We work to reduce the energy we use and we reuse and recycle materials as much as we can to reduce waste disposal and our overall carbon footprint.
- We invest in our people to help them reach their potential, for a sustainable economic future for us all.
- We deliver value to our clients as part of ensuring our own success and profitability.
- We take responsibility for the safety, security, health and well-being of our people.
Why be a Partner?
We are committed to working across our industry with the supply chain school, partners, members and our own supply chain, to deliver our services and projects in the most sustainable way.
We believe the supply chain school’s extensive online learning resources and focus groups help to drive improvements in numerous ways.
They give companies like us, who are committed to making a positive impact, the opportunity to identify areas where we can collectively make a change and promote best practice within our respective industries.