About us ...
Vp plc, founded in 1954, is the leading family owned and run specialist rental business in the UK.
The Company floated on the UK Stock Market in 1973 and remains a plc to this day. With over 200 sites in the UK and 20 internationally, we provide products and services to a diverse range of end markets including infrastructure, construction, housebuilding and energy.
The UK division comprises seven main business units: Brandon Hire Station, UK Forks, Groundforce, TPA, ESS, MEP Hire and Torrent Trackside. Whilst mainly operating in the UK, TPA and Groundforce also have operations in mainland Europe, primarily in Germany and Austria.
The International division comprises Airpac Rentals, a global supplier to the energy sector and TR Group, which operates in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore and is a leading technical equipment rental group.
Sustainability and Supply Chain
Vp plc is committed to reach net-zero GHG emissions across the value chain by FY2050 and this and near term targets are currently being validated by the SBTi.
To achieve our targets, our transition plan to net zero prioritises initiatives including:
- Working with suppliers to consider robust alternatives to petrol and diesel powered fleet.
- Roll out of our new supplier management software and integrated within procurement functions enabling closer management of our embodied carbon footprint.
- Electrification of our commercial and company car fleets where possible.
- Identify opportunities to co-locate on site reducing haulage and business travel emissions whist providing closer customer support.
- Continue integrating telematics software for route planning and driver feedback.
- Targeted training and behaviour change programmes on efficient energy use and driving practices, and environmental awareness.
- Exploring the use of HVO fuel in our commercial vehicles.
- Increase our procurement of renewable energy.
Find out more on our website especially in the Sustainability Report and Carbon Reduction Plan.
Why be a Partner?
Vp plc has been engaging with the school since 2013 and employees from all divisions have enrolled in the Supply Chain Sustainability School, enabling the company to stay up to date and gain knowledge in sustainability through the vast array of online resources.
This has helped in making informed decisions to push forward with key areas of sustainability and carbon reduction throughout the company and its supply chain. We are excited to take this next step to formalise our partnership after having engaged with and certified our procurement to the School’s Plant Charter Gold standard earlier in 2023.