Helping you understand offsite
The Offsite School provides hundreds of ‘best in class’ learning resources that help you to build your understanding. All are free to use and are catalogued by:
- Issues – the five elements of industrialisation; DfMA, Offsite Construction, Logistics, Onsite Assembly and Design for Maintenance
- Media type – do you prefer video, e-learning, workshops or web documents?
- Learning level – beginner, intermediate or advanced
To have a sneak preview click on the Issues or Resources tabs on the navigation bar above to take you to the help you need. Whilst all our resources are free, to access them we do ask that you register with the School by following the steps below:
1. Register for free online – This should take no more than 5 minutes. Once registered you can access thousands of resources through the School website, in areas such as sustainability, BIM, offsite construction, management and lean (including events and workshops). If you have any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 697 1962.
2. Complete the Offsite assessment – This can be done as part of a facilitated group discussion with your colleagues or simply by an individual. Once completed, a business-wide corporate account will be created for your business and your colleagues will all be able to access the School’s learning resources.
3. Access your personalised 10-point Action Plan – On completion of your assessment we will provide you a 10-point action plan that links you to free resources such as e-learning modules, workshops, guidance, tools etc.
4. Gain learning recognition – Once you have accessed the resources in your Action Plan and started improving your Offsite and Digital knowledge you can be rewarded with CPD accreditation and bronze, silver or gold status to use in bids, and on email footers etc.
5. Track and benchmark your progress – You can monitor your progress and benchmark your assessment against the average knowledge scores for your product category or sub-contractor trade.
6. Re-assess and update your Action Plan – You can re-assess at any time. Re-assessing and working through new Action Plans will support your journey of continuous improvement, and allow you to progress to Silver or Gold membership, which will illustrate your progress to your clients.