Launch of the Corporate Climate Responsibility Monitor 2022
Summary The Corporate Climate Responsibility Monitor evaluates the transparency and integrity of companies’ climate pledges. Companies around the world are increasing alert to the climate emergency. They face calls from a growing range of stakeholders.
Carbon Offsetting: Businesses must commit to going further
Carbon-negative initiatives that minimise waste and increase company efficiency are key goals to aim for in 2022.
International Women’s Day Coffee Morning in Partnership with CHWARAE TEG
Join CHWARAE TEG to help #BreakTheBias on the 8th of March 2022, by hosting your own International Women’s Day Coffee Morning in aid of Chwarae Teg’s vital work in eradicating Gender inequality in Wales.
Please also click here for a blog written by David Emery – Sector Manager for the Wales Market of the School.
March’s Featured Topic: Air Quality
The quality of the air we all breathe often gets overlooked, until it becomes so bad that it affects our health. More and more cities are setting up clean air zones to reduce the impact on citizens’ health from poor air quality.
Start your learning on the topic of Air Quality with the handpicked resources below:
Clean Air Zones Map
Use the map to find locations and relevant information for clean air zones and low emission zones around the UK.
Air Quality in the Built Environment
A weblink provided by the World Green Building Council containing information specific to the built environment around air pollution causes and solutions.
Case Study: Zero Emission Welfare Cabin
A case study from GAP and AJC EasyCabin who have together created a welfare cabin that uses hydrogen and solar panels as power sources to move towards zero carbon emissions, zero air quality emissions and less noise on site
A wage based on the cost of living Business Bytes
At this session you will:
- Learn about wages trends and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on workers’ wages
- Understand the business case and challenges often associated with paying the real Living Wage
- Hear how the Living Wage Foundation accreditation works and who should receive the Living Wage
- Hear from Willmott Dixon, about their approach to wages and the implications both up and down the value chain
- Gain an SME insight into the drivers / impact of paying the Living Wage
- Have an opportunity to ask questions to the panel of experts from The Poverty Alliance UK, Living Wage Foundation and the Supply Chain Sustainability School