Professional background and skills
Chartered Chemical Engineer with 25 years in sustainability roles including:
- 10 years in construction sector with Willmott Dixon –Queen’s Award
for Enterprise: 2014, 2019 for Sustainable Development; 2018, 2023 for Promoting Opportunity
- 6 years as Director in Local Government with responsibility for
Environment, Planning, Waste, Trading Standards and Skills & Economy
- 5 years with Environment Agency leading on regional flood risk, water and
- 10 years with ICI in technical and commercial roles (sales, mergers &
- Julia sits on Willmott Dixon Board and is responsible for Sustainability and Compliance and is a Director of the Aldersgate Group
Other relevant information
Julia has great emotional intelligence; her insight and understanding of people and their motivations is a great attribute in shaping strategy and driving performance at board level. She is an experienced chairman, senior manager and public speaker and has an in-depth knowledge of environmental, social value and sustainability related matters.
Willmott Dixon was a founding member of the School and is delighted to be supplied by 2,196 of its corporate members.