FIR: Our new home
You may have noticed that the Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) programme has a new home on our website!
As a standalone ‘topic’ this means you can navigate between FIR pages more easily. You can now also choose to receive bespoke marketing communications on FIR.
To check if your company has selected to receive FIR communications (and gain access to the new FIR assessment):
- Visit your company dashboard and click “view company profile”
- Select “edit profile”
- Tick FIR under “please select 1 or more topics your organisation is interested in”
The FIR Assessment offers your organisation a structured way to develop and embed Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) in the workplace.
This approach, which is available to School “Admin” users, allows employers to support their workers and grow their business whilst incorporating FIR principles. Benchmark your knowledge to understand your best practice and areas for improvement.
How to get started? Admin users should follow these simple steps:
- Login to your school account
- Ensure you are an admin on your corporate account by selecting “view all colleagues” and reviewing your assigned role, which should say “admin”. Only admins will be able to complete the assessment. If you need admin rights, please contact an admin/owner on your account or contact the school.
- Check your company has selected FIR as a topic of interest – To do this, go to the dashboard, click “view company profile” > “edit profile” > tick FIR under “Please select 1 or more topics your organisation is interested in”
- Take the FIR Assessment and click “submit your answers”
- Work through the assigned action plan
Don’t forget that once you’ve completed all the relevant learning, you can reassess and watch your score improve!
February’s Featured Topic: Fairness, Inclusion and Respect
The Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) programme is an industry-wide initiative that aims to make workplaces better for everyone. Promoting a culture of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect brings many business benefits to the companies that work to achieve it.
Start your learning on the topic of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect (FIR) with the handpicked resources below:
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy Template
A document to assist small businesses in writing their EDI policy.
CIPD Good Work Index
The CIPD Good Work Index provides an annual snapshot of job quality in the UK, giving insight to drive improvement to working lives. Measures of GDP and employment rates are important, but we also need to understand whether the jobs we have are good or poor and how they can be improved.
Developing A Diversity Communication Strategy
Communication is Vital. This weblink looks at communication, ensuring that it is inclusive, it’s diverse and that you’re thinking about people.
Annual FIR Survey
We’ve launched our seventh annual survey! The findings will allow us to track the impact of the Fairness, Inclusion & Respect (FIR) programme, and help to identify future activities and resources.