Wates Group and Lloyds Banking Group are working together to pioneer sustainable technologies in a bid to accelerate the built environment’s transition to Net Zero carbon.
The new collaboration follows the launch of the Wates Innovation Network (WIN) Portal, a first-of-its-kind and free to use network that connects built environment customers to market-leading sustainable technologies and services.
Five suppliers will be chosen to present their product directly to Lloyds Banking Group and the most successful product will be piloted throughout their estate.
They are particularly interested to hear about products and services that will:
- Reduce direct carbon emissions related to electricity, gas, and refrigerants
- Improve energy efficiency in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) technologies
- Enhance building energy performance and control
- Remove gas from building operations
- Save water in commercial buildings
- Increase thermal performance of the building fabric
The winning technologies will be piloted on Lloyds Banking Group’s estate of properties, helping them achieve their operational pledges to reduce energy consumption, carbon emissions and water use. The collaboration builds on the businesses’ existing relationship, which includes a ten-year programme of fit-out works by Wates Smartspace across Lloyds Banking Group’s estate.