The Skanska, Costain and STRABAG (SCS) joint venture (JV) brings together an industry-leading combination of tried, tested and successful partnerships, world-wide high-speed rail experience and extensive national and regional knowledge.
SCS are working together to deliver HS2 along the 26.4km of HS2’s journey to its southern terminus in Euston, 21km of which will be in tunnels. The JV will complete challenging works taking the railway from West Ruislip to Euston via Old Oak Common, building a variety of structures requiring expert precision and care.
SCS is a founding member of Empowering Communities; the first programme of its kind to be led by the construction industry to deliver long-lasting benefits for local people for generations to come. The programme aims to create jobs for those experiencing worklessness and homelessness, help young people develop skills and access apprenticeships, and support community projects.
Sustainability and Supply Chain
SCS aims to leave a positive legacy on the HS2 project, for society and our industry. We will thrive together through collaboration with our supply chain, empowering our diverse people to be operational excellent to ensure our strategic objectives and goals are realised.
SCS recognises the importance of embedding the principles of sustainability throughout our supply chain and the importance of our supply chain partners in achieving our sustainability goals and objectives.
- Carbon reduction
- Social value
- Modern Slavery
- Skills, employment and education
- Improving the industries understanding of sustainability and sustainability practices
- Ensuring the principles of sustainability are realised bringing social, environmental and economic benefit to the local communities and throughout our supply chain.
Why a Partner?
- Partnering with the Supply Chain Sustainability School support’s SCS’s ambition to leave a learning legacy to the industry on supply chain sustainability.
- Track supplier learning through tailored learning pathways via SCS Partner dashboards
- Improved supply chain performance reporting to HS2 (Online Sustainability Tool)
- Upskill and educate our own staff at SCS on key sustainability topics
SCS JV Recommended Resources:
“SCS is proud to be a partner of the Supply Chain Sustainability School. The School will enable SCS to educate and upskill our supply chains on key sustainability topics, through the extensive suite of resources, enabling us to leave a sustainable learning legacy across our supply chain and the wider sector. ”James Richardson, Managing Director, SCS JV